WQAD News 8 is looking for an experienced, dynamic, enterprising Anchor. We are looking for a strong storyteller and team player who knows how to connect with the community and embraces and celebrates the hard work and determination that drive the Quad Cities and its surrounding hometowns. We want to find Someone who truly loves journalism, telling the stories of our community with authentic personality and care.
- Anchor newscasts as assigned
- Generating unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
- Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
- Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
- Collaborate with a team to produce the creative newscasts and content
- Develop contacts and relationships in the community, community events that includes times outside normal work hours
- Come prepared with story pitches daily
1 – 3 years
- Minimum 5-7 years news anchor/reporter experience
- Ability to work weekday evenings
- An understanding of current content gathering and production techniques. Ability to shoot and edit is a plus.
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking, general, and feature news anchoring and reporting
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.