KTVB, the dominant Tegna NBC affiliate located in beautiful Boise, Idaho is looking for an engaging, innovative, experienced Evening News Anchor to join our award-winning news team. We are not just looking for an anchor to present from the news desk, but a seasoned journalist and leader who will proactively help shape the future of local news. KTVB is a station with an unquestionably successful legacy. Our anchors are working journalists who report regularly and turn content that speaks to our audience. We want someone to join the team who is vested in the future of our industry in Idaho. A successful candidate will foster a strong sense of purpose to continuing KTVB’s commitment to serving our community. They will also have strong writing skills, authentic energy, and command of the content.
- You will be asked to lead, on and off camera, assisting with the show’s execution and writing
- On the air you will need to confidently deliver everything from breaking news to lighter moments in a conversational style, either from the studio or live in the field, including the ability to ad-lib
- You'll be expected to contribute content on a regular basis across broadcast, digital, streaming, and social platforms
- Off camera you will become a mentor providing guidance for audience-focused story selection and writing feedback
- Exhibit sound editorial voice and a passion for coaching quality presentation and creative storytelling
- Contribute to major events (Olympics, Elections) and station initiatives including 7Cares Idaho Shares and our community partnerships
5 – 7 years
- Minimum 5-7 years news anchor/reporter experience
- The ability to write compelling copy and present engaging stories
- Proven news judgement and understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- An understanding of current content gathering and production techniques
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking, general, and feature news anchoring and reporting
- Someone who truly loves this job, telling the stories of our community with authentic personality and great care
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.