About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WALA FOX10 News is a local media organization producing news, weather, and original content for the Gulf Coast. Located in Mobile, AL. WALA is the oldest existing television station in the state of Alabama. FOX10 takes pride in a winning culture and is committed to the community.
To learn more about WALA please visit: https://vimeo.com/732224197
WALA is seeking a passionate, energetic and highly motivated Sales Executive who can adapt quickly and maximize sales on all of our over the air and digital platforms. Do you have a strong competitive drive? Are you a closer and a problem solver? Are you a natural relationship builder and collaborator with great people skills? If so, we want to speak with you about this opportunity to sell customized digital and television advertising solutions to new and existing customers. This is a fast-paced and rewarding career that requires persistence, determination, organization, creativity, and presentation skills. We offer the best training in the media industry to help all our employees succeed.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Sell advertising consistent with station policies and rate guidelines.
• Responsible for the negotiation of rates with local clients.
• Service existing accounts and create special sales opportunities specific to each client.
• Assist in the production of client’s needs and act as a liaison with all departments.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Willing to learn all research and utilize in client proposals effectively.
• Prospect new accounts and create sales opportunities specific to each new client.
• Television and digital sales experience preferred.
• Previous outside sales experience required.
• Must have strong administrative skills.
• Must have strong prospecting skills.
• Wide Orbit, Microsoft Office Word, Excel & PowerPoint experience is preferred.
• Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and writing skills.
• A strong work ethic and the ability to formulate and execute a daily plan is also a must.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WALA-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.