WTSP 10 Tampa Bay, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in Tampa, FL is hiring an experienced Account Executive! We are constantly committed to innovation with state-of-the-art marketing solutions offering endless opportunities for our clients to thrive with linear TV, digital video, OTT, and advanced attribution tactics. You will be part of a team of dynamic sellers who manage existing accounts while simultaneously developing high potential new business accounts. You will be responsible for building new business while growing revenue and share through effective negotiation, packaging, and recommendation of marketing solutions utilizing our broadcast and digital assets.
What we’re looking for?
• A creative solutions-based seller who can develop ideas that produce results for our customers utilizing our multi-platform products.
• Someone experienced in media sales.
• Someone eager to learn and sell TEGNA’s top-notch advertising product suite.
• A hungry business developer wanting to uncover any opportunity.
• Someone who can ask for the order and close with customers.
• Someone that is detail-oriented and can manage multiple priorities.
Responsibilities/What you'll do:
• Achieve broadcast and digital sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Maximize share of business from an assigned list of local and/or regional accounts
• Develop new revenue through effective outreach to new local businesses across Tampa Bay.
• Grow existing relationships by selling sponsorships, digital solutions, and Premion OTT.
• Partner with Account Managers and Support Team to provide exceptional customer service to clients.
• Partner with Account Manager & Support Team to organize and prioritize to successfully meet goals and deadlines.
• Create effective verbal & written marketing presentations in collaboration with Account Manager, Marketing Specialist, Research Director, and Sales Managers.
• Manage day to day activity, pipeline, and forecasts using CRM.
• 2+ years of broadcast television sales or relevant media sales experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience in using qualitative research and/or other marketing research tools
• Experience in WideOrbit and Matrix preferred
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
• A valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record, as well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance
What we offer:
• Winning and supportive culture
• The best training in the industry
• Base + Uncapped Commissions
• Leading and innovative products
• Comprehensive benefits
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.