NEWS CENTER Maine, WLBZ 2, a TEGNA owned NBC affiliate in Bangor, Maine, has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive to join our Sales Team! As an Account Executive, you’ll create amazing opportunities for local businesses to drive revenue and growth by utilizing TEGNAs broadcast, streaming TV, and digital assets to speak to their target audience in the dynamic Maine market.
Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, sense of urgency and passion for working alongside clients while meeting established internal revenue goals.
At NEWS CENTER Maine, we pride ourselves in:
• Putting People First
• Engaging Our Community
• Driving Results for Our Clients and Company
• Expecting and Demanding Excellence
• Creating Experiences for Our Clients and Team
What We Offer
• Winning, inclusive, supportive, and fun culture
• Base salary + uncapped commissions
• Leading and innovative media products
• Extensive resources for training, career growth and collaboration
• Growth opportunities
• Generous benefits including PTO, 401K match, medical/dental/vision, mental health support and more
• Purpose driven and employee-centric organization
What You Will Do:
• Consistently prospect for new revenue opportunities using client and category insights
• Upsell current customers by engaging them in the full product line of NEWS CENTER Maine offerings
• Create custom solutions-driven campaigns that meet client needs across multiple media platforms including broadcast, digital and Streaming (OTT)
• Seek opportunities to expand relationships with key clients by taking an active role in understanding their business needs and competitive landscape
• Establish strong relationships with internal team members by providing account management team with clear and concise direction for successful execution of campaigns
• Make decisions and solve problems independently to support customer needs
• Utilize an Account Manager to provide exceptional customer service and contract fulfillment
• Use Matrix to manage day to day activity, pipeline, and forecasts
• Represent NEWS CENTER Maine and TEGNA to the community at events and surrounding businesses.
• A strong passion for CONNECTING and PROSPECTING with new potential and existing accounts to generate meaningful business conversations and relationships
• A solutions-based seller who can develop ideas that produce results for our customers, utilizing our multi-platform products
• A desire and eagerness to learn TEGNA’s top-notch and innovative advertising product suite
• A self-starter who is determined to succeed
• A positive attitude and a strong team player
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.