KCEN, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in Waco/Temple/Killeen, TX has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive with an entrepreneurial spirit to join its dynamic and forward-thinking sales team.
We are constantly committed to innovation with best-in-class products, tools and support so you and our clients will thrive. Our integrated suite of media platforms, including linear TV, digital display and video, OTT Streaming and other emerging products will provide you bold solutions that deliver measurable results.
You will be responsible for growing revenue and share by effectively negotiating, packaging and recommending solutions that utilize our broadcast and digital assets.
What We’re Looking For?
• You are a creative solutions-based seller who can develop ideas that produce results for our customers utilizing our multi-platform products
• You are experienced in media/digital sales
• You are eager to learn TEGNA’s top-notch advertising product suite
• You are a hungry business developer wanting to uncover any opportunity
• You can ask for the order and close with customers
• You are detail-oriented and a multitasker
• Achieve all broadcast and digital sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Develop relationships with new prospects as well as maximize share of business from developed accounts
• Develop new revenue through selling sponsorships, digital solutions, and Premion OTT
• Partner with Sales Support to provide exceptional customer service to clients.
• Partner with Sales Support to organize and prioritize business to successfully meet goals and deadlines.
• Create effective verbal & written marketing presentations in collaboration with Sales Support team
• Demonstrate product knowledge and value to customers
• Explain the benefits of Digital (Display and OTT) and its integration with TV advertising
• Manage day to day activity, pipeline, and forecasts using Monarch CRM
• Minimum 2 years business to business sales experience
• Local broadcast and/or Digital Media sales experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective driver of integrated revenue (Television plus Digital)
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Wide Orbit and Monarch experience is a plus
• A valid driver’s license, as well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.