We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by building collaborative relationships and providing customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, streaming, and digital. This position requires an energetic and strategic individual who will be a champion for KENS in the local market.
As an Account Executive, you'll use a consultative selling approach to build relationships with businesses and develop ideas that produce results for our customers through a multi-platform approach. The Account Executive specializes in creating new and incremental television and digital revenue.
Primary job responsibilities include, identifying new prospects and presenting customized multi-platform advertising solutions, as well as being responsible for retaining and expanding existing accounts. The right candidate will have experience in developing new business, be able to solve local business's problems by utilizing TEGNA'S product suite and be proficient at managing a high volume of weekly sales activity.
- Create a strategic business plan with sales management to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
- Prospect and set appointments with new business prospects and conduct Client Needs Analyses to better understand their unique goals.
- Develop advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers, and consist of tv + digital platforms.
- Work target accounts in the pipeline at all times and maintain weekly activity of 3-5x new business calls per week.
- Able to demonstrate product knowledge and value to their customers.
- Strong negotiation skills to expand business outside of the normal Request For Proposal
- Ability to articulate proof of performance post campaign, in a timely manner – with a focus on renewals.
- Work in tandem with Account Manager to maintain client relationships and provide the ultimate customer service experience for each advertiser
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in a sales environment
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.