KARE11, TEGNA’s flagship station and NBC affiliate in Minneapolis, MN is hiring an experienced Account Executive!
We are constantly committed to innovation with state-of-the-art marketing solutions offering endless opportunities for our clients to thrive from linear TV, to digital video, OTT and advanced attribution tactics.
You will be part of a team of dynamic sellers, who manage high-volume account lists. You will be responsible for growing revenue and share by effectively negotiating, packaging and recommending solutions that utilize our broadcast and digital assets.
What we offer?
- Winning, inclusive, supportive, and fun culture
- Base + Uncapped Commissions
- Leading and innovative media products
- Resources to set you up for success
- Growth opportunities
- Generous benefits: 401k Match, Full Health, Dental, Vision, Mental Health Support and much more
- Purpose driven and employee-centric organization
What will you do?
- Consistently prospect for new revenue opportunities using client and category insights
- Upsell current customers by engaging them in the full product line of offerings
- Create custom solutions-driven campaigns that meet client needs across multiple media platforms including broadcast, digital and Streaming (OTT)
- Seek opportunities to expand relationships with key clients by taking an active role in understanding their business needs and competitive landscape
- Establish strong relationships with internal team members by providing account management team with clear and concise direction for successful execution of campaigns
- Make decisions and solve problems independently to support customer needs
- Utilize an Account Manager to provide exceptional customer service and contract fulfillment
- Use Matrix to manage the day-to-day activity, pipeline and forecasts
1 – 3 years
What you need?
- 2+ years of broadcast television sales or media sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in using qualitative research and/or other marketing research tools
- Experience in WideOrbit and Salesforce preferred
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record, as well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY