KIII-TV in Corpus Christi, TX has an immediate opening for a sales professional. This person will develop new business using our interactive, digital, and television products. He/she will help local clients grow their business through successful advertising solutions using on-air, online, and digital platforms. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills who is not afraid to cold call, can stand out from the crowd of salespeople, secure appointments, and close. Candidates should embrace the consultative sales model and have a passion for digital; they should be positive, enthusiastic, goal-oriented, and coachable.
• Account Executive will be accountable for local television & digital revenue performance; working strategically with other revenue-generating executives within the company
• This individual is responsible for driving new television & digital sales and upselling existing key accounts with a focus on client retention
• A top priority of the position is to stay abreast of emerging media trends and product solutions to best serve their clients
1 – 3 years
• Must be proficient in proposal writing and possess strong negotiating, presentation, organizational and computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of WideOrbit and Sales Force systems a plus
• A minimum of two years of television, digital, cable, or radio sales experience is preferred
Work Environment: Outdoors
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY