WMUR has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer can create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being aggressive and creative. They should also be able to work independently, make quick decisions and clearly communicate. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts.
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
- In-person attendance is required.
- 2 years producing experience
- Creative presentation style
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- The ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- The ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE