The WWJ-AM Traffic Center is looking for a dynamic and talented professional to work as a morning drive traffic reporter/editor. Editor Duties include: Gather, write and select traffic stories to run in radio traffic reports, over air, online, and on social media platforms. Must plan and prepare for upcoming traffic coverage for planned traffic events as well as unplanned traffic events.
What You'll Do:
- Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering traffic reports as outlined by Audacy Inc.
- Monitoring of Traffic gathering data assets (i.e. Traffic camera imagery, scanner listening, etc.)
- Post, edit & manage Traffic information to Audacy Social media accounts i.e. Twitter.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Position offers AFTRA Benefits and applicant must be willing to join SAG AFTRA.
Required & Preferred:
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the
position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
- Knowledge of Detroit area Traffic geography.
- Minimum 5 year traffic or news reporting for broadcast media/
- Must be computer literate, have excellent writing and presentation skills/
- Must be helpful in traffic gathering operations.
- Knowledge of the broadcast area geography and transportation systems is essential.
- 4 year degree preferred/
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/