WLKY is looking for a dynamic, authentic Anchor/Reporter who brings energy, urgency and a professional yet conversational style to our newscasts. In addition to solid news judgment and strong reporting skills, we are looking for a true team player – someone who brings positive energy to the newsroom and the news-gathering process. The right person for this position can cover big and breaking stories, enterprise compelling content and connect with the community. We are looking for a journalist who can deliver breaking news with urgency, credibility, and context; can connect on air and on social with our viewers/users, as well as ad-lib comfortably in appropriate situations.
We are looking for a newsroom leader who will work well with the team to produce and execute winning newscasts. Our anchors write/edit/deliver scripts with conversational, authentic communication in mind. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, commands the anchor desk, but also has excellent live reporting skills.
This is a weekday evening position with daily reporting duties.
- Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
- Works with producers and all responsible for newscast production
- Work as leader, with all team members to foster a positive working environment.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
- Works with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound.
- Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
- Will contribute appropriate content – pictures, video and text updates – to social platforms consistently.
- Can juggle multiple projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
- Represents the station at community events.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- In-person attendance is required
- Past anchor experience required
- Past reporting experience required
- Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
- Proven ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
- Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver???s license and a clear driving record
- Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE