WGN-TV’s Media Operations Center has an immediate opening for an Operations Manager to work in a progressive and dynamic Media Production environment. This position will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of content and distribution production as well as daily operational support for WGN-TV and three national networks including NewsNation, Antenna TV, and Rewind TV. This includes Chicago workflow support for studios in NY City, Washington DC, and other national contribution centers. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Will work to identify, recommend, analyze, and document operational procedures, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Must be able to manage a union staff in the daily deliveries of the facility, including training and launching of new media workflows and transitions.
- Responsible for coordinating with other departments to ensure their production and delivery needs are met.
- Manage and implement operational workflows for new media and content projects working with vendors and staff to create a smooth transition.
- The successful candidate will work with a creative and procedural mindset, working thru ambiguity at times, while still pushing forward on risk reduction methods and delivery of the content products.
- Is a strong leader and thrives in a fast-paced ever-changing collaborative environment.
- Requires proactive communication, working daily with technical co-workers and production staff to produce major content on all our networks and distribution platforms.
- Five (5) years of experience working in broadcast or media and content production facility, with experience in production, editing, and on-air operations.
- A current understanding of how larger technical systems interface with software controls and media operations is a plus.
- Knowledge of IT systems, cloud processing and control concepts are also a plus but are not required.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical people.
- Must be a problem solver and be able to identify problems before they happen and determine the best solution available.
- Strong communication skills are a must.
This is a 24/7 operation and candidate must be ready to resolve issues whenever they occur.
WGN-TV is located northwest of downtown Chicago just minutes from I-94. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. If you are searching for a dynamic job, where you can often be doing a different thing daily and you like working as a team, taking pride in your company and your work, we want to talk with you asap.
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit http://www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar