Leads all aspects of US103.5’s on-air experience in a leadership and operations role, responsible for talent, content, programming, and online presence.
• Reviews and determines all commercial and paid programming content; decides music play lists; schedules programming in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws; protects station license.
• Plans and oversees tone, programming, production, sound & theme, website, online presence, and social media.
• Collaborates with Production to enlist musical direction and seeks options that meet editorial scope.
• Fields record label calls, schedules music, and checks social media to ensure music remains consistent with station’s brand.
• Identifies, recruits, and coaches on-air talent, producers, news directors, and reporters, e.g., frequently listens/airchecks sessions with on-air talent,
• Provides direction to DJ and audio engineer on content
• Partners with Market President, Programming and Sales in support of local and corporate business goals to increase market share, listeners, ratings, advertiser satisfaction, and revenue while aligning programming fit with client, station, and audience; creates talent and station marketing, promotion, and image campaigns.
• Determines and maintains creative vision for station(s) to enhance station image and visibility within the community.
• Evaluates programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
• Schedules staff for on-air shifts, remotes, and appearances.
• Ensures staff has taken/passed/maintained all company programs, plans, and training (e.g., RBI, Payola/Plugola).
• Prepares and manages Programming Department budget on a yearly, quarterly, and monthly basis.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with producers, artists’ managers, composers and other industry contacts.
• Handles all payables according to company policy and in a prompt fashion.
• Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to use tools to gather and analyze ratings data, make business decisions based on analysis; sound judgment and quality decision-making skills
• Extensive knowledge of Diary data analysis; working knowledge of RCS products including GSelector and NexGen
• Knowledge and appreciation of diverse music genres, excellent on-air performance, familiarity with radio programming
• Excellent team leadership and delegation skills, including motivation of staff; can set goals & expectations, provide honest feedback and manage performance
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multi-task and meet specific deadlines
• Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships
• Ability to think both tactically and strategically
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs
• Entrepreneurial and assertive in meeting goals
• Ability to influence others, inspire innovation and ensure a client focus
• Prior experience directing and managing a team
• Experience with local formats preferred
• Prior experience as a broadcaster, either in news, sports, or as a DJ preferred
• Prior Country programming expertise is required to be considered for this position.
• Prior experience as a Program Director or Assistant Program Director preferred
• 4-year college degree preferred
• None required
Tampa, FL: 4002 W Gandy Blvd, 33611
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
?A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Some positions in certain divisions of the iHeartMedia family of companies are subject to mandatory vaccination requirements as a condition of employment. Candidates who have been offered employment for these positions at iHeartMedia, subject to applicable law, will be required to demonstrate they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation from the vaccination requirement by their start date (which may be extended for such purposes). If the aforementioned requirements are not met, candidates who have accepted offers for such positions will have their offers rescinded and/or employment terminated in accordance with applicable law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here to learn about the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.