WMAZ-TV in Macon, Georgia is looking for a Weekend Sports Anchor/MSJ. We want an innovative sports journalist who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
The ideal candidate will research, gather information and cultivate sources for sports. Qualified candidates must also be able to develop and deliver stories for digital and broadcast platforms.
- Enterprise sports ideas, write, shoot and edit stories for all platforms
- Deliver on-air sports coverage including live reports, anchoring and storytelling
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Transmit and present engaging live reports with current technology
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Experience with photojournalism, editing and content management systems
- Experience anchoring sports and news segments
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Knowledge of ENPS and graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY