WCIV has an immediate opening for a creative Weekend News Producer/Digital Content Producer!
WCIV has an immediate opening for a creative Weekend News Producer/Digital Content Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for the production of our weekend newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, Assignment Desk and Anchors on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site during your other 3 work days.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
- Know AP broadcast & newspaper style
- Use best practices to enhance our digital and social strategy
- Must have at least some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group