10 Tampa Bay, a TEGNA owned company is looking for a Producer to join our team. We don’t want a show “stacker”. We want someone who can produce compelling television with conversational writing and high-end production value. We want stories that count – and if you are a multi-tasking, creative problem solver with strong journalistic judgement and the ability to think outside the producing “norm” – then we want to talk to you!
In this role, you will:
- Create unique newscasts & segments evoking emotion.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air, online news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Enterprise news stories.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and alternate forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great production
- Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
Here’s what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Experience in writing, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.