WSYX/WTTE has an exciting opportunity for you! We have an open position in our News department for a Weekend Morning Meteorologist.
WSYX/WTTE is looking for a driven Weekend Morning Meteorologist to present the weather forecast for the weekend news and three days a week in vibrant Columbus, Ohio. Your primary responsibility will be creating and presenting weather content during our 5+ hour, live, weekend-morning newscasts, personably interacting with news anchors, coordinating with producers and the production team, and generating a positive rapport with our consumers.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Providing coverage, including live reporting, of weather- and science-related events and topics;
- Creating Augmented Reality graphics;
- Remote or on-location weather broadcasts;
- Forecasting, producing and presenting clear and concise weathercasts, which tell a story and connect with viewers;
- Communicating warnings and alerts in a timely fashion, producing graphics and maps, and reporting live during weather events;
- Utilizing social media during severe weather events;
- Creating compelling content for multiple platforms including broadcast, digital, social media, and radio;
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station that will include education talks with local schools;
- Craft eye-catching and informative graphics that can be utilized across all our storytelling platforms;
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
- Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
- Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
- Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Pitching story ideas, developing contacts and reporting 3 days a week
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Ability to tell a compelling weather story and quickly and clearly relay emergency information in a calm but urgent manner;
- In-depth knowledge of forecasting, with a solid understanding of climatology and science;
- Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills;
- Ability to create eye-catching and informative 2D and 3D graphics;
- Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks;
- Positive personality that connects with viewers and colleagues;
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience;
- Two years’ experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred.
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group