WBNS, the TEGNA CBS affiliate in Columbus, OH is looking for an experienced Meteorologist to join the Doppler 10 Weather Team. The weekend morning meteorologist role includes weather anchoring, weather producing, and field reporting. In the capacity of weather anchor, the position is responsible for delivering accurate, engaging on-air weather reports in a conversational manner and updating our multiple platforms to keep viewers safe and informed. The successful candidate must have a passion for telling a dynamic weather story regardless of the forecast. The ideal candidate embraces technology and thrives in a fast-paced environment where the use of live cameras, user-generated content and field reporting is a must.
- Provide accurate and compelling weather forecasts in a multi-platform environment
- Produce clean, creative, and informative graphics to tell the weather story
- Write, edit and report from the field or studio
- Update multiple platforms and interact with viewers on social media platforms daily
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science required
- Minimum of three to five years of on-air experience as a Broadcast Meteorologist
- Demonstrated ability to post forecasts, graphics, etc. to various digital media platforms
- Be available to work a flexible schedule including the primary weekend morning schedule, holidays, and fill in when necessary
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.