Colorado Springs, CO
FOX21 News is seeking a Weekend Anchor for our 9:00pm newscasts on Saturday and Sunday. This person needs to be one of the Chief Journalists in the newsroom. They should be a strong writer, have outstanding news judgment and bring energy and confidence to the news desk. They also need to connect with viewers on all platforms.
During the week the expectation will be that you hit the streets to report. A college degree in broadcasting or related major is preferred with at least 2 years anchor experience.
The News Weekend Anchor Reporter serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Other duties as assigned Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education • (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar