WKYC in Cleveland, Ohio seeks a dynamic, engaging and enterprising journalist to join our team. This person would anchor Weekend Evening shows in addition to nightside reporting three-four days a week. The successful candidate is someone deeply committed to local news who regularly breaks stories in their market and gets noticed. In addition, they must be an excellent storyteller, developer of sources and understand the news cycle extends to multiple platforms. Previous anchor experience is preferred.
• Deliver on-air news reports in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
• Enterprise compelling content that is engaging and can drive an audience to watch.
• Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
• Need to have or develop skills to shoot, write and edit content for air as a multi-skilled journalist.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• Transmit and present exciting live reports.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.
• 5-7 years combined news anchoring and reporting/MSJ experience.
• Journalist and/or Mass Communications degree.
• A portfolio with examples of strong breaking, general, and feature news reporting as a multi-skilled journalist.
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots.
• Strong social media skills, including an understanding on all social platforms
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.