KWES-TV NewsWest 9, an NBC affiliate is looking for an experienced Week Day Morning Meteorologist to join our team. The successful candidate must have a way of telling the weather story of the day for our morning show by using viewer benefit graphics. We're looking for someone who can have a conversation! We want a team player who can help with every aspect of meteorology, from forecasting, to preparing graphics and reporting from the field. Be prepared to forecast for weather events that include thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail, wind, snow and ice because we see it all! You'll be an integral part of severe weather coverage on tv, online, and on social media. Another "must have" is to understand the importance of community involvement by speaking at schools and other community functions. This is a great position for a weekend Meteorologist who is looking for an opportunity to grow.
- Produce clean, creative, and informative graphics to tell the weather story
- Write, edit, and report daily for newscasts and report from the field when needed
- Update website and interact with viewers on social media platforms daily
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Makes public appearances
- Effectively and positively reflect the station in the community at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science Required.
- Minimum of one to three years of on-air experience.
- Demonstrated ability to post forecasts, graphics, etc. to various digital media platforms.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, and fill-in when necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.