WCSH-TV in Portland, Maine is looking for a skilled, creative photographer, editor and social media user who can create sharable and exciting content for both television and digital platforms. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques as well as social media platforms.
In this role, you will:
- Use the latest news photography and editing tools to tell great stories
- Work closely with reporters, producers, assignment editors and digital team to plan and execute news coverage
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
- Cover general, breaking, sports, feature, investigative and live news events
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures and video to enhance stories
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Operate news gathering vehicles such as Live and Satellite trucks
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisors
- Experience in video photography and editing
- Demonstrated social media proficiency
- Demonstrated writing skills, photography experience in HD cameras, and non-linear editing skills
- Reliable, dependable, and flexible with work schedule (nights, weekends and holidays required)
- Understanding of professional journalism ethics
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Valid driver’s license
- Passion for news
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.