At WFAA, TEGNA Media’s ABC affiliate in Dallas, TX, we are looking for a highly skilled Visual Storyteller who desires to break out of the traditional format and demonstrates a willingness to break the mold. Our photojournalism is rooted in the NPPA storytelling, and we intend to continue to change the industry, not conform to it. You must have a strong understanding of all platforms and be able to create shareable and exciting content for a television and digital audience. A successful candidate must be eager to tell great stories on their own or with a team by capturing creative video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories in a deadline environment.
We pride ourselves at providing the highest quality journalism that makes an impact in our community. Our reputation has been built on dedication to our mission both journalistically and in service to the community we live in – our people are passionately involved.
- Passion for capturing video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, features and documentary style stories in a daily deadline environment
- Edit stories with Adobe Premiere and ability to adapt to other editing platforms as needed
- DSLR and Sony digital cinema camera experience preferred
- Adobe After Effects or Motion Design experience is a plus
- Certified FAA Drone Pilot is a plus
- Ability to collaborate with reporters or independently and develop a vision for stories
- Able to Operate ENG van and live remote equipment
- Familiarity with all distribution platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Internet, etc.
- Post to social media, editing social videos, and creating digital content
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
- Excellent organizational skills
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience as a TV photojournalist and news editor preferred
- Must help promote a culture of innovative storytelling
- Advance storytelling experienced required
- Must be able to tell the news story creatively with strong audio and visual skills
- Must be able to make quick decisions while working under pressured deadlines
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable, with ability to travel with short notice
- Active member of the National Press Photographers Association (NPPA) preferred
- Strong computer skills in a mobile environment required
- Must have a valid driver’s license, able to lift up to 40 lbs. and occasionally up to 80 pounds with or without an accommodation
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Heavy work: Involves standing, stooping, bending, using force, lifting/pushing up to 50 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.