WBIR, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Knoxville, is looking for a highly-skilled Visual Story Teller who can create exciting content for television, social media, and mobile. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest video and editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news-gathering tools and can edit all elements for a fast-paced, highly produced newscast.
- Using the latest photography and editing tools.
- Creative storytelling with the highest journalistic standards.
- Using creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, bumpers and some promotional material.
- Show editing experience a plus.
- Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius is a plus.
- ENG shooting experience is also a plus, job requires gathering content in the field.
- Maintaining and being responsible for all issued station equipment and vehicles, in accordance with policy.
- Have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material from multiple TEGNA stations, network affiliates and news partner, while constantly monitoring quality control.
- Performing other tasks as required by supervisor or news managers
- FAA Part 107 certification a plus, experience with drones a plus
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Experience in photojournalism, non-linear editing, and content management systems
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Demonstrated social media proficiency
- Demonstrated news judgment, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Knowledge of a variety of video cameras and non-linear editing platforms
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.