KFSM-TV 5NEWS, is looking for a motivated and competitive Full-Time News Photographer to join our team and work out of our new Fayetteville newsroom. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to hustle and be aggressive when it comes to daily and breaking news coverage. Experience and working knowledge of digital videography and non-linear editing is a must.
- Insures sound and picture quality of all assigned stories.
- Works alone or with a reporter or field producer to shoot and edit stories for broadcast.
- Use cellular bonding equipment as well as ENG microwave van and SNG satellite trucks.
- Must be knowledgeable of non-linear digital editing and related programs.
- Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its up-keep.
- Examines, maintains, and performs routine maintenance of any assigned vehicle.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to shoot video/audio in all kinds of conditions and edit under deadline pressure. Ability to drive and operate a variety of vehicles and set up tripods, lighting equipment, etc. Knowledge of how cameras and accessories operate to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs and maintenance in field, if necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast/Television/Journalism preferred or equivalent Television work experience.
- Dexterity to operate camera, laptop, tripod, etc. Vision to shoot and edit video. Ability to lift 100 pounds or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of: Camera, audio equipment, tripods, batteries, etc.
- Works in all kinds of weather conditions
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.