WUSA-9 in Washington, D.C. is looking for a highly skilled video editor and photojournalist to join our news team. We are seeking a creative and efficient editor who can shoot and create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest editing software, tools and techniques and has a passion for the craft. You also love to shoot in the field, jump in for breaking news or join another photographer for a high-end shoot with our investigative team.
- Creative storytelling of the highest journalistic standards Editing a variety of video elements including voice-overs, SOTS, packages, graphics and teases .
- Able to shoot and edit high-quality video content that starts with a digital-friendly style but extends to all platforms and helps establish a stronger brand of unique video content.
- Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop) is a plus.
- Must always have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material, while constantly monitoring quality control editing scripts and producer notes.
- Other duties as assigned by the WUSA9 news leadership team
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 5-7 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of motion graphics video software, including Adobe suite of products
- Strong computer, organizational and communication skills in a fast-paced newsroom and mobile environment.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed for news coverage, including nights and weekends
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, reprioritize time and efforts, and pivot quickly
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.