Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! From broadcast radio to digital streaming radio to podcasting, audio continues to grow – and iHeart, which reaches 90% of Americans every month, is the #1 audio company in America across every one of those platforms. We’re the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers; we build important connections with hundreds of communities across America; we create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America; and we have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting. Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia.
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented and Innovative Vice President of Sales / Sales Manager in New York City. You will leverage our multi-platform assets, to create compelling campaigns that include world-class events, best-in-class digital assets, and legendary personalities to our massive audience both locally in NYC and across the country. The ideal candidate will be able to lead from the front as they will oversee a team of experienced, creative Account Executives that know how to break down barriers and push the envelope with C-Suite decision makers.
What You'll Do:
• Manages local Account Executives with goal of meeting/exceeding station revenue, prospecting and new business targets.
• Oversees advertising sales activities in assigned market; is accountable for achieving/ exceeding targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales expenses.
• Drives results through others, manages team performance and holds team accountable against business metrics.
• Translates market and station business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue.
• Directs sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
• Sets sales goals and guides subsequent goal-setting processes.
• Prepares budgets and revenue forecasts.
• Obtains, allocates and adjusts operations resources to achieve sales and service goals.
• Oversees management of available advertising inventory to drive most profitable sales.
• Meets with key accounts.
• Recruits, hires and ensures ongoing training and development of Account Executives.
• Goes on sales calls and conducts in-field coaching to develop Account Executives.
• May review and adjust sales territories, product mix targets and assigned call lists.
• May direct other functions such as marketing, advertising, production, traffic and sales operations.
• Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion, and collection standards
• Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
• Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
• Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
• Can create productive, long-term customer relationships.
• Adept as entrepreneurial self-starter
• Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task
• Can push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Excellent business and people decision-making skills
• Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures
• Flexibility and creativity
• Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
• Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
• 3+ years’ experience as an Account Executive or Sales Manager in media industry with proven track record of success
• 4-year college degree preferred
• None required
What You'll Need:
Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion, and collection standards
Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
Ability to create productive, long-term customer relationships
Scrappiness to be an entrepreneurial self-starter
Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task
Leadership to push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Excellent business and people decision-making skills
Model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures
Flexibility and creativity
Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
3+ years experience as an Account Executive or Sales Manager in media industry with proven track record of success
College degree preferred, but not required
What You'll Bring:
Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
Accountability for sales results and alignment to organizational functional strategies
Ability to apply in-depth understanding of the business, how own area integrates with other segments/divisions and how iHeart differentiates itself from competitors to drive growth
Strong understanding of broadcast, marketing, promotion and collection standards
Judgement to resolve customer and employee operational problems; critical thinking skills to understand the broader impact across the organization
Leadership skills to increase performance of the sales organization
Ability to negotiate with and influence people at all levels
Active listening skills with the ability to guide and influence others to adopt a broader point of view
Positive energy and the ability to manage stress and serve as a model for others in the sales practice
Skills to successfully coach and develop sellers
New York, NY: 125 West 55th Street, 10019
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualification, and alignment with market data.
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
?A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.