WHAS11, the Tegna owned ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY, is seeking a full-time Transactional Sales Assistant. The successful candidate will directly support our Transactional Accounts Manager, executing the day-to-day responsibilities of high-volume, fast-paced regional and national accounts, assisting with every aspect of the placement and processing of orders. They must be detail oriented and have the ability to work in a face-paced environment.
- Order entry with high level of accuracy while providing exceptional customer service to clients.
- Maintenance of broadcast schedules, avails, preempts, makegoods, audience delivery posts, pre-logs, post-logs, traffic and aging/collections.
- Maintain paid programming, including but not limited to working with the national rep office to ensure orders are received, secure allocations, provide log documentation as necessary and communicate unfilled time slots.
- Assist in coordinating commercial copy from all delivery systems, FTP and outside sources.
- Ensure quality assurance of commercial copy while working closely with TEGNA Traffic Operations (TCO) to assure accuracy, continuity and meeting log deadlines.
- Other duties related to supporting the transactional team as assigned.
- Highly organized and possess the ability to switch focus quickly when needed and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Fast and accurate computer data entry skill and ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and excellent written and verbal skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, able to act with a sense of urgency and adhere to set deadlines.
- WideOrbit and Monarch experience a plus.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.