KFSM, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in Fayetteville, Arkansas, is searching for an organized, detail-oriented team player. This individual will work closely with the sales team to ensure effective placement of sales activity, processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, assigning traffic to current orders for National, Local and Regional clients, and generating support materials. This position can serve as a springboard for advancement into advertising sales for candidates eager to learn, independent workers, and are meticulously accurate.
- Entering and maintaining Traffic for all National, Regional, and Local orders, including electronic transfer and other order processing software.
- Focus on minimizing Traffic errors and maximizing revenue for the station.
- Ensure that all advertising complies with TEGNA’s ad standards.
- Assist in developing sales proposals, advertising packages, and client presentations.
- Create supporting marketing materials for the sales department.
- Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers, and clients to deliver a high level of service.
- Interact with co-workers, clients, and the viewing public professionally, both on the phone and in-person.
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous commercial television experience is a plus.
- Proficient in all Microsoft products, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Preferred experience with industry-specific software such as Wide Orbit, Nielsen, matrix/Monarch and Salesforce.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment while managing multiple projects.
- Able to consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as orders written instructions.
- Must be highly focused, organized, accurate, and detail-oriented.
- Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, enjoy working independently, and perform at a consistently high level.
- Adaptable to deal with the daily stresses and pressures associated with commercial television and digital sales.
- Must be able to work in an office environment while managing between multiple locations.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
- Preferred college degree in marketing, business, or broadcast-related field.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.