FOX61 in Hartford has a great opportunity to join our dynamic morning team as a Traffic Anchor/Multiskilled Journalist who will provide our viewers with informed, savvy information on all platforms for our 7-hour morning show. Excellent presentation and storytelling skills, an engaging personality and a commanding social media presence is a must.
- Uses Max Traffic technology to provide timely and useful up-to-the-minute traffic reports for commuters on all platforms to help them plan their drives to and from work, as well as navigate road closures
- Monitors traffic cams, tip calls/e-mails, social media feeds, scanners and other sources to provide reliable and accurate information
- Shoots, writes and edits compelling multi-media content relating to traffic and transportation for all platforms
- Ability to go live on location or from the FOX61 StormTracker as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years of experience covering traffic or general assignment news preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
- Excellent time management skills for a fast-paced environment
- Strong broadcast writing, presentation and live reporting skills
- Proficient at posting content to various websites
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to shoot and edit video on EDIUS or similar systems preferred
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.