WTHR, TEGNA's NBC station in Indianapolis, is looking for a motivated, experienced innovator who can help lead the evolution of our streaming news platforms into the next generation. Our new Streaming Content Executive Producer will help launch an innovative OTT experience. They’ll work with multiple departments to define a streaming vision and develop a workflow for successful execution of the strategy.
The ideal candidate will have experience in news and entertainment content on streaming platforms. They’ll have a passion for streaming media and a desire to bring our rich content to our audience on OTT platforms.
This is a new role that will help set the course for the company’s overall rollout and strategy.
- Define vision and execute programming strategy for station’s 24/7 OTT app
- Program 24/7 OTT stream with live newscasts, breaking news, original content as well as archival material
- Organize and curate on-demand content on streaming app
- Be an archivist – scour the station’s decades-old archives for content gold
- Negotiate partnerships with local content creators
- Use analytics to inform content strategy and decisions
- Produce analytics reports for editorial meetings, KPI summaries
- Work with news and digital departments to make best use of existing content as well as produce new content
- Work alongside marketing department to promote OTT app to wider audience
- Learn and share best practices to multiple departments
- Facilitate and refine workflows for continual evolution of OTT experience
- Serve as OTT advocate throughout station
Job requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in streaming or programming
- History of driving content creation with measurable track record of success
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and visuals; ability to effectively and succinctly communicate to all levels and departments
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities to successfully meet established timelines.
- Experience using analytics to shape strategy
- Working knowledge of online CMS software
- Experience with non-linear editing software
- Strong Video and graphic productions skills
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Understanding and interest in digital/video metrics and analytics
- Knowledge of video and audio copyrights
- Solid journalistic judgment and ethics that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and the ability to deal with the rapid pace of news
- Ability to craft compelling headlines and descriptions
- Passion and vision for emerging media
- Some producing experience preferred; programming experience a plus
- Willingness to work odd hours, weekends and/or holidays
- Knowledge of trends in OTT
- Strong interest in local news
- Experience in marketing could be helpful
- Identify and correct potential problems before they are published/streamed
- Can work independently and cooperatively as part of various teams.
- Must be a self-starter/self-motivated with a desire and ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
HOW TO APPLY