PURPOSE/REASON FOR THE POSITION:
Direct various live and taped broadcasts and productions. Create all graphics and shot sheets for newscasts. Responsible for final product being developed.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
· Physically and verbally direct live broadcasts
· Design various graphic elements for broadcasts
· Adjust to breaking news or changing circumstances
· Direct special programming and/or news and sports projects.
· Perform other duties such as robotic camera operator audio operator or prompter operator as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Four-year degree in communication.
· Two years’ experience directing in a television or production facility
· Knowledge of state-of-the-art equipment and techniques used in producing and directing live and taped broadcasts
· Good communication skills
· Valid driver’s license is required.
Additional Job Description
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Production personnel that are involved with a broadcast production.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you will enjoy your career with us!
Salary Range: $24.50/hour — $26.90/hour
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn or at the Nexstar Website at:https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. To be considered for this job you must apply online. No Calls
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar