KWQC-TV6, the top rated NBC affiliate in Davenport, IA, is accepting applications for a full-time Technical Media Operator.
We are looking for someone who has the desire to work alongside news producers and others on our news team to create, code, and direct dynamic, fast-paced, top-rated newscasts and programming.
The Technical Media Operator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to; directing live and pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring the station’s on-air signals, transmitter, ingesting daily programming into our playout server and rolling breaks during live programming.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Operation of Ross Overdrive Production Automation, Crispin Master Control Automation, and VizRT News Graphics System.
- Operation of robotic cameras, teleprompter, and audio mixer.
- Monitor on-air signals for KWQC-TV, ingest daily programming and operate Master Control automation system.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all members of the team.
- Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
- Understand FCC broadcast regulations
- Assist in maintaining a clean control room, studio and production area. To including maintenance of studio lighting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented and have strong problem-solving, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Newscast Directing/Master Control/Production assistance experience a plus
- Knowledge of Ross Overdrive, ENPS and Crispin automation and playout systems preferred
- Experience with computers is a must and the willingness to learn new and complex technologies.
- The ability to take direction, meet multiple deadlines, make split-second decisions, multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Must be willing to work a variable schedule that could include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday.
- KWQC is committed to ongoing training and efforts to attain and retain workplace Integrity. For the purpose of this goal, “Workplace Integrity” is defined as: Workplaces free of discrimination, harassment and incivility – and filled with opportunity, especially for those who’ve been traditionally denied it.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Please indicate in your correspondence exactly where you heard of this o
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people, go to: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on “apply now”