KTXS-TV (Abilene, TX) is looking for a Technical Director for our evening newscasts. KTXS is the leader in our market and is looking for competitive candidates to help us to dominate the competition!
KTXS-TV (Abilene, TX) is looking for a Technical Director for our evening newscasts. KTXS is the leader in our market and is looking for competitive candidates to help us to dominate the competition! If you have experience with directing fast-paced newscasts with multiple live shots, graphics and multiple studio cameras, we want to hear from you! The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills, be self-motivated, have good visual sense, and must be able to work well under pressure, thrive on deadlines and work a flexible schedule.
Perform any production duties as assigned including:
- Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
- Prepare and insert graphic elements including over the shoulder graphics, lower thirds and full screens
- Train production crew in cameras, audio, graphics, etc.
- Work as a liaison between the News & Engineering Department
- Maintain production studio and control room
- Experience in directing live productions
- Knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
- Typing and good spelling skills necessary
- Ability to read and write
- Must be able to lift & position 50 pounds
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group