- Make operational/maintenance decisions at many levels daily with multiple persons from multiple departments.
- Manage and direct maintenance staff with projects, repairs, and installations. Areas include production control room, master control, studios, equipment rooms, newsroom, and overall personnel support.
- Purchase equipment and materials to keep daily operations functional requiring fiscal responsibility and good budget sense.
- Manage monthly budgets with Head of Technology.
- Involved with short- and long-term budget planning with Head of Technology.
- Maintain operations of offsite venues including ENG and Tower cam locations.
- Work directly with building sub-contractors regarding services and repairs.
- Research and understand new technologies and industry movements to help with future planning, innovation, and expense management.
- Help identify, purchase, install and maintain all KIII systems, both technical and building facilities.
- Provide technical insights and work collaboratively on projects to enhance our overall productivity and end user products.
- 3+ years of managing mission-critical technical environments at a TV station, production facility or related tech operation.
- Provide strong leadership skills to manage technology team
- Strong technical knowledge of overall broadcast facility including A/V routers, cameras, automation systems, graphics, branding, and I.T. networking systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and engineering updates as needed.
- General understanding of building systems including HVAC, Electrical, and security.
- Excellent understanding of systems integration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Extensive computer operation and technical skills
- Effective organizational and documentation ability
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 50 lbs.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.