Supervising Producer Job – KDVR/KWGN
Are you a show doctor who currently produces a newscast filled with urgent, impactful news?
Do you LOVE to win the day, every day, on all platforms?
Are you looking for a rare opportunity to take your career to the next level – with an introductory role in management – in a city as exciting and beautiful as Denver, Colorado?
KDVR/KWGN, the Fox and CW affiliate in Denver, Colorado, is looking for a creative and aggressive Supervising Producer to oversee our 11a/4p/5p newscasts.
The Supervising Producer must be a someone who embodies a digital-first approach to delivering news. This individual must be full of fresh ideas to “produce-up” content from some of the nation’s best storytellers. We have a beautiful set, talented anchors, a dedicated production team, and everything you need to produce a newscast differently and more creatively every day!
- Overall responsibility for 2.5 hours of news, including oversight on story selection, content, and production. Assist other managers in coordinating coverage for other weekday early evening newscasts.
- Work with a strong team to create innovative news content across all platforms in a digital-first environment; be able to think differently and critically
- Oversee three producers and a handful of associate producers in the development of an urgent newscast in a fast-paced work environment
- Create a positive work culture
- Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the Assignment Desk to select stories for coverage
- Strong news judgment and working knowledge of current events and community issues impacting viewers here in Colorado and around the world
- Step in to write and produce on occasion as needed
- Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Rotate on a weekend on-call list
- Coordinate schedules with Executive Producers, the News Director and other news department managers
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 5 years of news producing experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience helpful, not required
- Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
- Working knowledge of how to engage viewers on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
Salary Range: $70K — $77K
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KDVR.com: https://kdvr.com/contact/jobs-at-fox31-denver-kwgn or at the Nexstar Website at:https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process. To be considered for this job you must apply online. No Calls
KDVR/KWGN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KDVR.KWGN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar