WUSA9, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a talented leader to join our exceptional directing team.
Responsibilities of the Studio Technician/Director include:
- Direct live newscasts, recorded productions, live streams, cut-ins, and commercial projects
- Determining camera angles, lighting and set arrangement
- Ensure effective interaction between the control room and multiple departments across the
- Other assigned duties to include: Camera Robotics, Audio, Live shot acquisition, and Media
Qualified candidates will have proficient skills with the following equipment and systems:
- Control Room automation such as Sony ELC, Ross Overdrive, Grass Valley Ignite;
- Video Switcher
- Audio mixer
- Studio lighting
- Robotic studio cameras
- Knowledge of Chyron PRIME a plus
- Non-Linear editing skills a plus
- Experience with ENPS and Bit Central server systems also a plus.
- Proactive self-learning
- Effective leadership and communication during a crisis
- Five (5) years’ experience in various aspects of television production preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience directing
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with producers
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Personal integrity, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic
- Ability to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Comfortable working on ladders and lifts
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at WUSA*9 – you must complete the online application for this position. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that does not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool. No phone calls please.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.