Audacy has an opening job for a Staff Engineer for its six-station cluster in our Dallas market.
- Maintain integrity of on-air product for 100% reliability of on-air product when assigned; must be on call 24/7 to aid in emergency issues.
- Maintain, troubleshoot & repair an entire broadcast technical plant, equipment and systems.
- Install technical equipment & systems at studios and transmitter sites in keeping with good engineering practices.
- Requires excellent documentation and reporting of wiring and equipment changes at the studio and transmitter sites.
- Assist in planning & development of all aspects of AM & FM radio technical facilities, including telephone, satellite, STL, two-way systems and IP networks.
- Support station & field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio & field efforts involving complex technical operations.
- Create instructional materials and train others on proper operation of new technical equipment.
- Some supervisorial duties will be required.
- Maintain and Review weekly transmitter and studio logs for correct and complete entries.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in broadcast facilities with minimum 2 years Associates degree in electronics or 10 years’ hands-on maintenance experience with AM and FM Radio or Television facilities.
- Knowledge of digital audio, logic techniques and basic programming highly desirable. SBE Certification preferred.
- A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
- Personal vehicle is required for 24hr response for emergencies.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/