FOX West Texas is looking for great storytellers who can cover sports and news for our Abilene market. From spot news to college and high school football, we want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms.
The ideal candidate will love the dual challenge of covering news and sports through memorable writing, photography and editing, as well as a strong on-camera presentation.
Qualified candidates must also be able to develop and deliver stories for all digital and broadcast platforms.
- Enterprise story ideas, write, shoot and edit stories for television, mobile and social platforms
- Report live breaking news
- Deliver on-air sports coverage including live reports, anchoring and storytelling
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources?
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media??
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports??
- Write for digital platforms??
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of?media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories???????
- Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field???????
- Experience with photojournalism, editing and content management systems???????
- Experience anchoring sports and news segments?????
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism??????
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting?????
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots????
- Strong social media skills on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook????????
- Knowledge of ENPS a plus???????
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines?????
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
HOW TO APPLY