Sports Journalist produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds
news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging
and meaningful to news consumers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
sports stories for broadcast, describing
the background and details of events.
interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following
prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent
facts and details.
a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able
to provide complete and accurate information.
information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance
at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local
assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or
reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain
work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
and edits news events and news reports.
and presents reports for all platforms.
that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and
stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
with viewers/users on social media sites.
special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in news reporting. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Superior on-air presence.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Multimedia Journalist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar