WESH 2/CW18, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in the Orlando market, is looking for a Weekend Sports Anchor/Reporter/Multimedia Journalist who can break the clich??d local sports model of daily national sports highlights and scores. We want a sportscaster who focuses on hyper-local sports content, uncovers the big sports stories, moves beyond the dry press conference sound bites, enterprises compelling local human-interest stories, and finds the unique angles that will captivate even the non-sports fan. Must be able to enterprise exclusives, tell interesting stories, and execute energetic live shots. We are looking for a sportscaster who knows when sports news is breaking news and wants to jump into continuous coverage and knows how to produce and contribute to sports specials and event coverage. Our Sports Anchor/Reporter/MMJ will write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day.
- Anchor and Produce Saturday and Sunday early evening and 11pm sports segments.
- Report and Produce Friday Night Football, Tampa Bay Buccaneers training camp and games, Orlando Magic, Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride, University of Central Florida athletics, Arnold Palmer Invitational, Daytona 500, Spring Training, etc.
- Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on sports, day-of news or special project assignments
- Ability to shoot, track and edit high-quality packages, VO/SOTs and VOs, live shots and live interviews
- Contribute both written and video content to our digital products and our social media sites
- Produce and report additional sports and news content as assigned. Deliver scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality and purpose
- Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow us to break stories of significance.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Edit video on Adobe Premiere and other non-linear platforms.
- Contribute fresh ideas for newscasts, sweeps and special projects
- Be well versed in local, national and international sports, with special attention to high school and college athletics, NASCAR, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc.
- Be available for unscheduled assignments on mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use of latest technology
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver???s license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
- Excellent writing and packaging skills
- Prior sports anchoring, reporting and MMJ experience
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE