The candidate will be joining the Voice of St. Louis, KMOX, as the host of nightly Sports Open Line and host weekday St. Louis Cardinals pre-game and post-game programming. This person should love sports, especially baseball and be able to relate to the sports fans and culture of St. Louis and evolve with the changing technology to create great programming on and off air.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and deliver on-air broadcast.
- Produce and record sports segments.
- Gather, write, record, edit and deliver sports content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- Interview sports figures.
- Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories.
- Development and research of potential stories.
- Protect the station’s FCC license.
- Make station appearances as required.
- Work with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored sports opportunities.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Experience hosting a successful sports talk show. Must be a passionate baseball fan with a deep knowledge of the St. Louis Cardinals. Must have in-depth of knowledge sports teams, players and statistics with a contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery. Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential;
- Ability to work cooperatively in a broadcast team environment.
- Ability to network and build a list of contacts for news and sports programming
- Research show and news topics and stories
- Understand how to book and create a compelling show/content
- Ability to create and edit compelling original video content
- Social Media proficiency and ability to create web content
- Ability to create and produce a professional podcast
- Working knowledge of Adobe Audition
- Ability to use web content management software
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/