FOX54 in vibrant and fast-growing Huntsville, Alabama is looking for a Sports Anchor/MSJ who can foster engaging content. The perfect candidate will be naturally curious, hungry to learn, and can adapt to change as the duties may vary day-to-day. The job involves covering local sports as well as SEC teams for all platforms.
This position is based in Huntsville, the largest city in Alabama. Huntsville is a “New South” kind of city filled with rocket scientists, engineers and people from around the country. It is always ranked as one of the best places in the country to live and to work. Come join our team!
- Enterprise sports ideas, write, shoot and edit stories for all platforms
- Deliver on-air sports coverage including live reports, anchoring and story telling
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Transmit and present engaging live reports with current technology
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Bilingual – English and Spanish speaking desirable
- Experience with photojournalism, editing and content management systems
- Experience anchoring sports and news segments
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.