KEPR Action News is seeking a Sports Anchor.
KEPR Action News in Pasco, Washington, is seeking a Sports Director. Successful candidate will lead a department committed to covering the hard news of sports. The Sports Director is responsible for Leading and Organize a department that produces both long form and daily sports content.
- Organize and lead Sports Department. Gather sports information and report, write and edit content for all platforms. Assign other sports journalists and organize their work for proper & efficient function of Sports Department.
- Cover area sports
- Ability to Travel to sporting events
- Ability to produce sports stories and special programs both live and pre-recorded for broadcast and digital platforms
- Report and write sports stories
- Ability to edit video images
- Education: 4 Year College Degree – Journalism preferred
- Prior work experience: 2 years previous television sports anchoring/reporting experience Skills: Newsroom Computer Systems
- Office Computer Systems
Technical Knowledge of:
- ENG Cameras and Recorders
- Video Image Editing systems
- Digital CMS platforms
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to ad-lib
- Strong Writing and Communications skills
- Command of English Language and Grammar
- Strong knowledge of all sports and a view of how they relate to life in northeast Wisconsin
- Ability to Manage and Lead Sports Department
- Work Independently or as a team
- Needs the physical strength and endurance involved with transporting video camera and equipment.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group