FOX61 in Hartford, CT is looking for a Sports Anchor to join our growing team.
This is the home of the UConn Huskies, the Connecticut Sun, the Hartford Yard Goats, Travelers Championship and more.
We’re right in between NYC and Boston so you also need to know what’s going on with the Yankees and the Red Sox, the Giants and the Patriots, etc…
The ideal candidate must be able to write, shoot and edit on tight deadlines.
You must be a beast on social media and provide content for our digital platforms daily.
This is not a position for beginners, and you must live and breathe sports.
If you’re looking for a great opportunity in a great market… apply today!
- Writes, edits and presents sports reports on all platforms and as needed
- Shoots, edits and presents packages at least two times a week for various newscasts
- Assists in writing, researching and coordinating sports programming and other content
- Deliver breaking sports news on all platforms in-house and in the field
- Writes stories for our website and digital app
- Works closely with sports team to develop comprehensive coverage on big events
- Participates in promotional events including public appearances
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum three years of experience in sports reporting or anchoring
- Strong reporting skills and demonstrated experience with live shots
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility in scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
- Demonstrated track record of producing live reports from the field using MMJ Equipment & other technologies
- Ability to handle breaking news on-air, online and behind the scenes in timely and professional manner
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.