WBNS 10Tv is looking for a Special Projects Producer to support our key franchises of Verify, 10 Investigates, CrimeTracker 10, and Consumer 10. The successful candidate will be a versatile team player that is highly organized and able to create content for multiple platforms. They will possess superior skills in research, writing, and editing, and knowledge of the effective use of graphics and other tools to tell stories in the most compelling manner.
Reports to: Executive Producer of Special Projects and Innovation
- Manages short-term and long-term content for Verify/10 Investigates/CrimeTracker 10/Consumer 10
- Researches and pitches stories for key enterprise franchises
- Coordinates calendar and resources for key enterprise franchises
- Works in conjunction with the Special Projects EP and One Content Team (News Director, Director of Digital, Marketing Director) to effectively market and brand key enterprise content
- Assists in the development of coverage for key ratings months (sweeps)
- Produces one-time special shows and content across all platforms
- Four (4) year college degree in Communication or Journalism required
- 3-5 years of producing experience in a line producing, special projects producing, or reporting capacity
- Must have strong research, videography, and creative mindset
- Must be experienced in mining and posting social media material
- Must have strong knowledge of legal and ethical parameters for mass media
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Line producing experience, previous special projects experience, and/or reporting experience preferred
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.