9Health:365 is creating a new Special Events and Sponsorship Manager position to help us build a strong financial foundation for a new preventive health product we are launching. Initially, the product will be sold to organizations, groups, communities, employers, etc., who are seeking to provide cost-effective, world-class preventive health benefits to their members, employees, or citizens.
For more than 40-years 9Health has been known for its preventive health focused fairs across the state; in fact, 9Health is the country’s largest provider of nonprofit preventive health fairs. In 2020, we diversified beyond health fairs for the first time in our history. We launched a portfolio of digital health offerings to reach people year-round and to make these services more accessible to populations. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, 9Health:365 has risen to meet challenges and conducted outreach, education, testing, and dissemination of the COVID-19 vaccine throughout the Front Range during these past 20-months. This remains a pivotal part of our work for the foreseeable future.
The Special Events and Sponsorship Manager will work with the 9Health:365 Executive Team and Board of Trustees to develop fundraising events and sponsorships and will be essential for deepening existing sponsorships and establishing new ones. A campaign consultancy firm was secured in September 2021 to formulate strategy around feasibility and execution of a campaign launch. This new role will work alongside the consultancy to ensure tactical execution of the strategy to meet a multi-million-dollar revenue goal over 3-years. Compensation Range:$41,500-$45,000
This new position at 9Health:365 is responsible for:
- Develops solicitation packet and solicits sponsorship from local, regional, and national sponsors.
- Negotiates mutually beneficial sponsorship terms and executes all supporting documents.
- Ensures sponsor compliance with sponsorship agreement.
- Attends events and serves as point of contact for sponsors at events.
- Compiles and provides sponsor with copies of subsequent publicity and develops appropriate thank you letter and after-action report.
- Fulfillment and tracking of sponsorships
- Identifies advertising vehicles to market under marketing program.
- Develop and implement all aspects of major fundraising events including management of event committees and meeting of fundraising goals
- Coordinate a variety of donor stewardship events throughout the year, including on-site and off-site events
- Manage budgets and timelines for all events; communicate needs and changes effectively
- Manage event vendors and coordinate event-related contracts and vendor agreements
- Track details of each event, including finances, and provide a final event report and recommendations for the future
Skills and experience required:
- Corporate development / Foundation Solicitor background
- Exceptional customer service and donor cultivation preferred
- Personal solicitation and program development experience with fundraising in a campaign setting is preferred
- Has proven event management experience with project management skills
- Possesses knowledge of corporate sponsorship and stewardship
- Has strong writing and oral communication skills
- Has ability to recruit, train, and manage volunteers and volunteer committees
- Possesses excellent organizational and people skills
- Has ability to manage event budgets
- Is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Zoom, and has some knowledge of database management, preferably NetSuite
- Is proficient in planning, executing, managing, monitoring, and recording of remote events.
- Has ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, and effectively and professionally work with all constituents
- Can react to rapidly changing situations
- Can work evenings and weekends as required
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.