The Social Media Producer leads the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in social media methods, processes and tactics; as well as creating/editing original content beyond that which is produced for on-air and sharing to social media using a creative, modern approach.
- Develops and leads winning strategy for station content
- Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
- Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television
- Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
- Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
- Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
- Shoots and edits content for on-air and digital
- Produces reports for all platforms
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials.
- Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
- Creates snackable videos, graphics, and other original content to encourage social media engagement
- Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires successful completion of a Pre-employment criminal background check, and Motor Vehicle Report
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a bachelor’s degree
- Candidate must be a passionate team player and motivated self-starter with strong oral and written communication skills. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other social media sites. Must have experience using content management software and knowledge of Google Analytics, CrowdTangle and other social monitoring platforms.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Social Media Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar