KPRC2, the Graham Media Group owned media hub in Houston, Texas is looking for a Senior Sports Producer to oversee and work alongside members of the KPRC2 Sports Team. We’re expanding sports coverage to OTT platforms and this is a great time to help us create the vision!
- Oversee preparation of traditional TV sportscasts and specials, in addition to original content on KPRC2+ and Click2Houston.
- Shoot, write and edit, help make assignments, manage shoot and edit schedule, create exclusive content for KPRC2 Insiders and work closely with newsroom colleagues to ensure we win the big sports story when it becomes the lead news story.
- Execute our weekly Sports Sunday program, Friday Football Frenzy shows, major sports specials and live streaming events for KPRC2+.
- Elevate the sports team’s social media content to connect with digital audiences.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and even overnight. Answer the call when big sports stories break and help lead the team to #1 on all platforms.
- Knowledge and passion for sports stories told on TV, online and digital streaming platforms.
- At least 2 years of experience shooting, writing and editing as an MMJ, plus control room experience as a producer or EP.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and in coverage of sports.
As a condition of employment, GMG requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation, or as otherwise allowed by law.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Texas Law.
No Phone Calls Please
KPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, KPRC will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
HOW TO APPLY
David Strickland, News Director